Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Recipe Blog

There are such great blogs out there, like "How to Eat a Cupcake". I would love to make this a food blog, with recipes and photos and such...I mean, I so enjoy reading everyone else's blogs, especially recipes, but need to keep the focus here on Simple. Faith. Family.

With that in mind, I'll offer a few recipes that are Simple and my Family enjoys.

Fleischmann's Once Dish Cinnamon Swirl is terrific! Almost as good as Dewey's Moravian Sugar Cake. Almost. Just make sure you use "rapid rise yeast" and start with a COLD oven. Yum.

And recently I caved and made the Dark Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes. Yep. They really are that good. If anyone else makes this, let me know if the batter is like soup. The cupcakes turned out great, but I have never made a cake that had such a thin batter. Except maybe pancakes.

Finally, these are so good, I can't believe I waited so long to make them! White Russian Cupcakes. Kaluha and Cream? This recipe is from the Cupcake Doctor's cupcake book.

Too bad it snowed today, I had planned to bring cupcakes for the mom's! Well, there's always next week.

No comments: