Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sweet Nothings

What would you do with extra Pink Lemonade Cream Cheese Icing?

Anna and I made these. The cake recipe is from Bisquick. Some people call it "Sad Cake", but the Bisquick company calls it "Velvet Crumb". Just leave of the broiled topping and bake into cupcakes instead! Best part is that this recipe only makes 10 cupcakes.

The flowers are made from fondant using a drop flower tip. My experiment for the day! The other cupcakes have rolled fondant, embossed with various stamps and
icing tools. I wish I could tell you I made fondant from scratch, but the recipe from Dixie Sugar is pretty darn good. You can even roll it and lay it on a cake. And although I have tried it, with this Spongebob Cake, not something I've longed to try again.

On the other hand, cupcakes with fondant icing are kind of cool looking!

No comments: