Thursday, May 15, 2008

May Crowning

What a terrific way to celebrate the end of our Co-op this year. The children processed around the parking lot with flowers for Mary. And crowned her with a wreath and rosary. The moms did our best to carry a tune or too, hopefully Mary appreciated the effort, even if off-key!
Many, many thank yous to all the moms for filling in for me, when I dropped out of the classes I volunteered to lead. I tried to uphold my last remaining responsibility, Coffee Lady, as best I could. On Wednesdays, I would think, "this is what it has come to, at least I bring the coffee!"
___
In honor of our mother, Mary:
___
Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. (Luke 1:28)
Blessed art thou amongst women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. (Luke 1:42)
Holy Mary, Mother of God (Luke 1:43),
pray for us sinners (Acts 8:24),
now and at the hour of our death (Luke 18:1).
___
Pray for us, O Holy Mother of Good Remedy.
That we may deepen our dedication to thy Son,
and make the world alive with His Spirit.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Thank you Peggy for all you do at co-op. You have always been one of the first to say "I can do that" and you make great coffee! It takes a very strong woman to not do what she "wants" to do and to do what God intends her to, and also to know the limitations of each. I struggle between these each day - duties/me.
Thanks again for all you do. May God bless your family with a peaceful and joyful summer!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! Mary and kids in the foreground, moms behind the lens, Ketchie Creek Bakery in the background... very representative. :) I don't know what happened to the Gareis family yesterday. They would have added quite a few bodies to that photo!

Unknown said...

GREAT picture!!!! You do more than I do....I have only made it to co-op once. ~smile~