Friday, February 29, 2008

Love during Lent

Since this is the season to try and create new habits, by either giving up old ones or starting new, let's talk about Love. The reflection for Friday mentions “love one another, just as I have loved you” (John 13:34).



How is this possible? Well, it is not by feelings, or flowers, or perfume. One of the best lessons I have learned is that it is ok to ask God for what we do not have. Like the prayer "I believe, help my unbelief."

This works with love too. "Lord, give me a love for this person I do not have. Help me love them like you would." It is ok to admit what we do not feel, things like love or even forgiveness. God knows what is in our hearts, no use trying to hide. Admit your shortcoming and ask for His help. Make this a new habit between you and Jesus. He will not let you down.

No comments: