Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Warning: Low Capacity


My printer is kind enough to remind me when to replace the ink. Although being a frugal shopper, I know that I really am NOT low on ink. I can't figure out how to trick the computer into thinking that each cartridge is really "new" even if it is just refilled.

Don't you wish you had your own warning message too? Like a flashing yellow light on your hand to indicate: Warning: Low on Sleep or Warning: Need more coffee. Or, its been a few days since my last post: Warning: Low on Energy.

How do you handle these warnings? The best advice I have ever, ever heard is that a 15 minute rosary is more refreshing than a 1 hour nap. Hard to believe? Truth be told, when I am at a "warning" level, I don't have energy for even a 15 min Rosary or an hour long nap.

But what I have managed to learn is "auto-pilot prayer." Like, a decade of the rosary, or repeating part of the Divine Chaplet "For the sake of his sorrowful passion, Have Mercy on Me and on the whole world." The prayer to St. Michael, especially good to have memorized. Training yourself to switch this "auto-pilot" mode during a difficult situation takes the pressure off you and hands it back over to God. You don't have to think about what to think, or say. Just say what you know to be true, even if you don't feel it at the moment.

The Rosary is Truth, the Divine Chaplet of Mercy is Truth. All these prayers we memorize are undeniably Truth at any moment in our life. Lean on that!
.ps This is one of the few pictures of Holly's beautiful wide smile. How can someone so precious create so many "warning" moments?!?!?!?

No comments: