Monday, February 11, 2008

The Enduro Race

My husband likes to ride dirt bikes. The smell, the gas and fumes, the dirt, the dust, it is all close to heaven for him. He even entered an Enduro race one year. Didn't get very far, but still was glad to have participated in the challenge.

A visiting priest from the Missionaries of St. Paul remind us this weekend of the real Enduro Race, the one Paul mentions. 1 Cor 9:24 Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win!

Sometimes to win the race, you have to SIMPLIFY. Catholic Heritage Curricula has published a free e-book at their website. Simplifing Your Domestic Church by Abby Sasscer. http://www.chcweb.com/catalog/freecurricula.html This is a great place to start to understand how to get rid of distractions and focus on the real race.

The most recent chapter, Chapter 6 is on meal planning and preparation. I love this approach. For a long time, I had a grid like the one she provides posted inside a cabinet door. Then when I went to the grocery store, I made sure to buy the ingriedents to make the recipes on the grid.

While I may not have known exactly what we were having for dinner, I knew the stuff was in the house. That is half the challenge, right? Take a few minutes to read this resource and also reflect on Romans Chapter 5. Run so as to win!

No comments: