Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Peace, Joy Part 7

Really can there be more to say about this? Yes, because sometimes strife is caused by more than just one thing. Maybe its a bunch of little things. That all add up. Then what do you do, when you find yourself in my original predicament? Thinking "I can't believe they just did that!"

My part is to stop strife before it spreads. I have to mind my own business, be aware of my own motives, and especially my own words.

Lord, open my eyes to hear your word and my heart to understand. Help me to recognize strife when it occurs and to strive instead to see you in every situation.

The start of strife is like the opening of a dam; therefore, check a quarrel before it begins! Proverbs 17:14

Set a guard, LORD, before my mouth, a gatekeeper at my lips Psalm 141:3

An ill-tempered man stirs up strife, but a patient man allays discord. Proverbs 15:18

The fool immediately shows his anger, but the shrewd man passes over an insult. Proverbs 12:16

When he was insulted, he returned no insult; when he suffered, he did not threaten; instead, he handed himself over to the one who judges justly. 1 Peter 2:23

No comments: