Tuesday, November 17, 2009

E-Mealz Review

After week 1 of using the E-Mealz Aldi's plan, I am very happy. Here's what happened:
  • Spent $90 initially at Aldi's. Made one other trip to Food Lion for cleaning products, $20.
  • Cooked dinner 5 out of 6 nights. Best I've done in 2 years! (BTW - thx Lee Sr. for cooking for so long!!!) Tonight is the last night and I am looking forward to making Lemon Talapia.
  • Everyone in our family tried and liked all 5 menus!
  • All the meals were fairly simple to make, and some were super simple for nights when we were pressed for time. Loved the Baked Cibatta Sandwiches.
  • All the recipes actually made "enough". Most meals we had leftovers.
  • One more thing, in my opinion, these menus are fairly balanced. For example last week, only one meal was what I would call "fat friendly", called for whipping cream AND a generous helping of butter. It was delicious, but you can't have that every night!
  • Today, Tuesday, new menu has been posted for this week. The projected total is $62.
  • All of the menu suggestions are foods that we like and I would cook. Looks good.
Hope I can do my part to keep the savings up!

No comments: