Monday, September 14, 2009

Julie and Paul?

Nope. Mary and Jere.

Have you seen the movie Julie & Julia? We enjoyed the movie so much, I got the book about Julia's life in Paris. What a beautiful story, and more than Julia's love for good food and cooking, does her love for Paul shine throughout the story.

Just like my Aunt Mary and Uncle Jere. They both love to cook and share really delicious food, traveling and each other, alot! I love this scrapbook page below for many reasons. June happened to be a great month to celebrate that year, Father's Day, birthdays, anniversaries and my college graduation. And I haven't ever forgotten how special it was to have Aunt Mary and Uncle Jere host that party. What a great, great day.

Aunt Mary and Uncle Jere hosted the cookout at their home. We had such a terrific time. You can see Uncle Jere on the grill. (The picture of Lee grilling was from another June gathering). One of the few times the future in-laws would meet was at this party too.


I like to think I got my love of cookie baking from Aunt Mary and every Christmas I send a tray to her house and love to receive a tray in return. In case you are wondering, Aunt Mary's are so delicious, I am reluctant to share...but, you know, Christmas...so I do.

If you are looking for a good book to read, I recommend Julia Child's Life in Paris. And if you wonder "Is anyone really that happily married?" The answer is Yes, because I know some who are.

No comments: