- packing snack bags for each child & stopping only at rest areas
- winging it with fast food joints
- shopping super frugal and bringing all our groceries with us
- splurging with pre-made entrees and spreads (think pimento, chicken salad, lasagna)
But my Simple Solution to Traveling with a crowd this summer is Food Lion. Here's what I liked about this plan for our summer vacation:
- Food Lion prices are the same everywhere. I knew what to expect.
- The Lion is located in almost every community we passed on Hwys 52 and 74. About time for a break and just like the commercials say, Food Lion is in the neighborhood.
- The bathrooms are clean and not crowded.
- The walk from the car to the back of the store was "just enough" for a break.
- Everyone could pick out one piece of fruit for a snack and a individual juice (on sale!) near the milk section.
- No packing coolers and cramming the car.
- No hauling now crushed and man-handled food all the way back home.
- Most of the stores offer coffee by the cup!
The plan worked for us this great this summer and I think we'll try it again on our next trip.