Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I know it's a little late. But didn't find the right thing to post until today. A fellow-friend-by-cleft posted today about her son's birthday. This quote below is sooo great to think about and hold on too.

When you have a newborn, everything seems larger than life, even with completely healthy babies. Even though I know that Holly has a break from the surgeries for a while, this reflux things hangs over my head like a dark cloud.

So 7 years from now I will look back and say:

"I remember the threat of surgery looming over our heads, and then it was happening, and then it was done, and then it was just something that happened a long time ago..."

There is so much more to motherhood and to babyhood than what Holly has been through, I am enjoying all that I can now, no matter what comes. :-)

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: