Monday, April 6, 2009

Passion Sunday

Is it not enough that I KNOW how weak I am, how much I fail, how I am so totally a sinner? Do I have actual read aloud the part of the "chorus" in the readings this week?

It is very humbling to read along with the crowd, crying "Crucify him, crucify him." Every year I stumble through these readings. Praying that I would have been different, that I would not have been swayed by the crowd. Still, I know that every time I choose to sin, I am in fact turning my back on God. And believe me, I have lots of opportunities to choose not to sin everyday. To choose patience, compassion, understanding, patience...

Anyway, check out the passion narrative in Matthew and try to picture yourself in crowd. Then join me in praying this week : Lord, Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Another good reflection on Passion Sunday.

No comments: