Tuesday, December 9, 2008

w'ONE'derful!

For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope. When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you. .
Jerimiah 29:11-12
Happy Birthday Holly Marie!
Ever hopeful, just after you were born I signed up for an automatic "what your baby is doing at this age" email. Little could I have known that the milestones marking your first year would never make the list. Of course, you have hit many regular baby milestones, holding your head up, following a toy when it is moved, sitting up, first tooth, first word (ma-ma, second word is "ba" for Bill). Still the other events that have marked the time this year have been so much larger.
When I look back, however, after years have past, I hope I won't remember your first year of surgeries, medicine refills, ear infections or bottle orders. Instead here's what I want to really remember:
This is your second day! The stuffed animals are from Bill and Anna.
Lee Allison picked a nice peppermint candle to smell.
Aunt Teresa got your your first pair of Mary Janes.

This is Valentine's Day, I always want to remember this beautiful sleeping baby.
A few minutes peace at the Triad Catholic Co-op Valentine's Day Party.
(Can you see all the baby hair that has rubbed off on the sides?)

Daddy so loves giving you a bath. He calls this your "spa treatment"!
Big brother loves it when you sit with him for a minute or two.
Here we are at Oak Island.

Anna and I counted the number of seats either given or purchased for you this year. Including the most recent high chair, the count is 13. Car seats, bouncy seats, excersaucers, walkers, strollers and high chairs. Surely there is ONE place you will sit still :-)
Drama Queen!
(No, Holly you can not eat leaves.)
Beautiful, smiling, happy
You all time favorite songs are "Patty Cake" and "Isty Bisty Spider". Honorable Mention goes to the "Prayer Before Meals" (not technically a song, but you should see the grin when we begin to pray that together!)
Happy Birthday Big Girl!

2 comments:

The Ski's said...

Yeahhhh, Holly!!! Happy birthday sweet girl! I loved looking at the pics. So sweet. She looks so good...what a little angel! We hope you all had a blessed holiday! Love to you all....

annafowler said...

Happy (late) birthday Holly! You are such a doll! Those baby photos are priceless! And your repair looks incredible.