Friday, December 19, 2008

I've still got it!

I thought that my children had outgrown me, but no, I've still got it! They are no longer impressed by the cookies, cupcakes or crafts. And lately dinner has met with lukewarm enthusiasm. Sigh.

But today....we made Peanut Butter Balls. Butter, Peanut Butter, Powdered Sugar and crushed Ritz crackers covered in chocolate! All three came up to me and said, quietly and seriously, "Mom, these... are... good."

Yep, I've still got it. Good thing Holly hasn't seen any of this stuff yet.

Note: I substituted Ritz for Graham, CandiQuik (Food Lion) for chocolate chips and chilled the peanut butter balls before dipping.

1 comment:

annafowler said...

oooooh, those peanut butter balls sound (and look) oh so tasty.

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

I just saw your post on Widesmiles. Thanks for your nice comment. I had a friend take those "barn shots"- she is an amateur photographer and asked if she could "practice" on us. The "barn" is actually a dirty old warehouse that looks MUCH better in the pictures vs. real life. Hence I think she somehow also made US look much better in the picture vs. real life. :)

I'll have to go check out the Christmas widesmiles folder again to see your picture!

Happy New Year to you guys!